FBB supports young people from disadvantaged backgrounds who are passionate about football but disengaged at school, in order to help them finish school with the skills and grades to make a successful transition into adulthood. We do this by providing long-term, intensive support, built around relationships and young people’s passions, in the classroom and beyond.
The FBB Schools is a long term intervention delivered in partnership with secondary schools across London that runs for a minimum of 1 year across London, Essex and Greater Manchester.
The programme is delivered to groups of up to 16 students, beginning in Year 8, and combines weekly two-hour sessions divided between one hour in the classroom and one hour on the football pitch alongside therapeutic interventions and half-termly reward visits.
Each FBB Schools programme is delivered by an expert disciplinary team consisting of an experienced teacher/behaviour specialist, an adolescent counsellor/therapist, a Level 2 / UEFA B football coach.
How it works
A full year programme consists of:
- 38 hours of term time football-themed, project-based classroom learning sessions divided into five x eight-week modules with a public showcase at the end of each module
- 38 hours of term time constraints-led pitch based football focused on the development of the social and emotional competencies of our participants
- Weekly One to one ‘Football Therapy’, delivered by BACP qualified counsellors, to provide safe spaces for young people to process their experiences
- 6 remarkable reward visits to meet Premier League footballers and attend International and Premier League matches for students who meet their targets for school behaviour and engagement
- 3 parents’ evenings to ensure we are embedded in the life of our partner schools
- 5 weeks of full time educational holiday programmes
This is an evidence based programme built upon the four foundations of:
- Adolescent neuroscience
- Attachment theory
- Developmental trauma
- Hegemonic masculinity
Our programme works to provide meaningful, long term outcomes which provide young people with the skills and grades to make a successful transition into adulthood.
We are committed to delivering long-lasting impact for young people. Our programme has been designed to ensure young people are supported to achieve the outcomes of passing GCSE English and Maths, and developing the social and emotional skills to successfully transition to adulthood.
Hear from our participants themselves.
We work with the biggest and best football, sportswear, tech, and lifestyle brands in the country. This enables us to provide remarkable rewards and transformational learning experiences as part of our core offer to schools. We have worked with partners such as The FA, Nike, Gillette, Four Four Two, USM, Apple, Salesforce, BT Sport, and Football Radar.