“Go Beyond Borders”: Employee Engagement & Team Building Days
FBB employee engagement days provide a unique opportunity to boost staff engagement and team-working through a community-based experience.
Our immersive and collaborative Employee Engagement Days (EEDs) aim to take staff out of their daily working practices and encourage them to think about themselves and their work in a different context. These tailored sessions are built around FBB’s core values- leadership, teamwork and resilience- and are informed by our experiences in education, football and youth work.
Designed to maximise positive impact when your staff go back to the workplace, EEDs immerse participants within FBB, an award winning charity who work with inspirational teeangers from disadvantaged backgrounds. EEDs confront not just how we operate but also why we operate, and the lives of young people that we help to change.
The sessions aim to:
- Stronger team relationships and engagement
- Greater self and social awareness
- Develop teamwork and the confidence to connect across the conventional social divides of gender, age, class
- More purposefulness and reinvigoration to do more in their community
- Introductory talk with senior FBB staff member
- Staff team building activities, facilitated by FBB Coach Educators
- Intergenerational discussion with FBB participants and adults
- Group project activity in small groups culminating in presentation with judges
- Football coaching session led by young people who have designed the session. Tournament to finish.
- Eat food together
- Reflections on teamwork and leadership and key learnings from the day
- 14 employees from Discovery Channel took part in a series of intergenerational workshops as part of their International Volunteering Day.
- 12 emerging leaders at Network Rail took part in a leadership workshop. They were so inspired that they decided to nominate FBB as a Charity of the Year for the organisation.
- 12 staff members of JP Morgan took part in a football tournament with the young people and have signed up to do it again this year.
- 20 Football Radar staff helped co-deliver a summer school for FBB participants which resulted in the presentation of a magazine.
“Working with kids makes you
Paris Wray, Analysis Manager, Football Radar
“I have to say I REALLY enjoyed. I couldn’t stop thinking about the young people we worked with. They’re certainly a lively bunch. It was amazing how many of them really came out of their shell as soon as they had a pair of footy boots on.”
Barney Payne, Senior Account Manager, Haymarket
Football Beyond Borders (FBB) are one of the leading education charities in the UK who use football as an engagement tool to provide young people from disadvantaged backgrounds with the opportunity to achieve their goals. They do this through a football themed, literacy curriculum which puts a young person’s passion for football at the heart of their education. They work with young people who have been identified as having poor behaviour for learning, low literacy and engagement at school. They work in schools with over 350 young people each week developing their leadership, teamwork and resilience.
For more information about our