Staff Spotlight: Timi Fernandez
Where did you grow up and what did you want to become when you were a teenager and why?
- Grew up in Southeast London and wanted to become a professional football player because it was a real passion of mine and something that I really enjoyed doing.
What football team do you support and why did you start supporting them?
- I support Chelsea F.C. because I loved the colour blue at a young age and was a massive fan of Eider Gudjohnsen when I started watching football.
How would your friends describe you in 3 words?
- Charismatic, Purposeful, Funny
Describe your journey with FBB so far?
- My journey with FBB started 3 – 4 years ago in a footballing context with the men’s football team, which I found out about through the Kennington Park community sessions. After college was finished, I emailed Jasper Kain about getting involved with the projects and the rest is history…
What does FBB mean to you?
- FBB is an inclusive organisation that provides the platform for individuals, both as staff members and as participants, to develop.
Three highlights of your time at FBB:
- Having my first Scotland tour, becoming project lead, getting other insights into other organisations through FBB.
What does your role entail at FBB and what do you hope to achieve?
- The role entails delivering 5 days a week and being project leader for 2, with some work through research on the corporate side of the organisation as well comms – through Instagram and giving page a clearer focus.
The best thing about football is?
- The best thing about football is the inclusiveness of all different kinds of people coming together to do the thing they love.
The best thing about working with young people is?
- The best thing about working with young people is seeing the transition through that time, as well as dealing with real life challenges and situations and being able to constantly develop your practice.
Describe your coaching style?
- Hands on and player management skills are best.
Where do you hope to be in 10 years?
- CEO of a company and a pioneer through football.